This is a silly post but to me it means everything, because I have accomplished something. The kids started school today in a brand new school and are soon moving to a brand new neighborhood. They were anxious and scared and just didn't know what to expect. So instead of rushing around like a mad woman in the morning. I actually remembered to make their lunches the night before, pack their backpacks and set out their brand new outfits......
That left time in the morning for a quick family prayer to help guide them and protect them from anxieties for the day, a chance to talk about what they were nervous about and plenty of time to walk around the school and talk to teachers and look at all the neat stuff TOGETHER.
That is my proud mommy moment. I actually started off the new year right and they had a FABULOUS day.... that makes it all worth the extra effort.
7 comments:
I read your post right after adding my link...my post was almost the same as yours...although my daughter's first day is tomorrow, so I did all the getting ready tonight! I think that is a great Proud Mommy Monday, especially since they were starting at a new school. That can be scary. Heck, the first day can be scary no matter what. I'm a teacher and every year I read a book called First Day Jitters. I love it because it has a surprise at the end... the book is about Sarah who is scared and nervous for the first day. But turns out that Sarah isn't a kid, like you think all along, she is a teacher!
GOOD for YOU! I try to be better about doing things the night before... I did great the first week of school. This week hasn't started out quite so well! AWESOME proud mommy moment and so not silly - at ALL!
what a good mommy you are!!! i should start making lunches at night lol you need to do a follow up on how the day went :p
i have been wondering why you havent posted pics of your house and now i see them on the side. so awesome!!
Love it! What a great inspiration you and Jenny are. If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear. Right? Right.
Yay for acomplishing 2 things: preparation, good first day at school and a post to boot. Wait. that 3 things! Oh well, so glad your first day went well!
I'm proud of you, too! =)
What a cute idea for a book.
Ah yes new schools are always a scary time for kids. its worse to move in the middle of the school year. Ya i feel a little better. They said alot of it is severe anxiety. and i havent ever in my life had it. Its aweful. Im hoping one day it goes away : (
Post a Comment