I have this thing I can't get rid of, it started when I had children and has infested my ability to speak to people in a normal setting, waitresses telemarketers, friends, family, cashiers, you name I make them my children. Ugh! I hate it. I have noticed it more recently than any other time.
So I am making an AFTER New years Resolution.... I am going to stop calling people hon, sweetie, sweetheart, honey....and whatever else tries to posess my mouth..
I apologize to those I do it to, but that is how I address my children when I am just consumed with love for them and it runs over into my other relationships or aquaintances..
Why did this come up now, because at Applebees the waitress called me BABY For heaven sakes I am 30 years old (thanks I feel good too hee hee), and I have boobs, hips that are slightly too wide and I have been potty trained for at least a Year! I am not a freakin' baby! So then I get on the phone that afternoon to one of the Substitute guards and guess what before we hang up I say have a good day HON! What?! She is not my Hon' she is a stranger on the phone who doesn't know me from EVE.. Seriously there is somethin' wrong with me.
Anyway, that is my goal to quit addressing everybody like they are my children or my hubby....
Myfriend Porky Pigs always puts it so well....
Th ...th...th...that's all FOLKS!
1 comment:
That's funny! And a great after new years resolution.
You know what, I have a pet peeve, I HATE it when STRANGERS call me hon or sweetie. It feels so insincere. I have a bigger problem with it when I am the customer.
But lately, I've been calling the preschoolers sweetie, hon, muffin head, goofy, silly goose, etc. Oh boy! They probably hate it!
For the record, I have never noticed you call me that...and you are not a stranger to me anyway, so it wouldn't matter :)
Post a Comment